Naughty Dog’s Neil Druckmann took to Twitter to announce that the developer is currently “targeting 60fps” for The Last of Us: Remastered.
Just a few hours after the unsurprising leak of The Last of Us: Remastered for the PlayStation 4, Sony has pulled the veil off the project and come forth with an official announcement, as well as some other details.
For starters, The Last of Us: Remastered will run at 1080P on PlayStation 4. There are various improvements from the PS3 version including: higher resolution character models and improved shadows and lighting.
Included with The Last of Us: Remastered are the following:
- Left Behind DLC
- In-game cinematic commentary from the cast and creative director
- Abandoned Territories Map Pack
- Reclaimed Territories Map pack
You can pre-order the game right now for $59.99 on Amazon or from the PlayStation Store. If you decide to go with Amazon, you gain access to the following pre-order bonuses:
- 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after you complete the single player campaign
- Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
However, pre-ordering from the PlayStation Store grants you all of the above and early access to the Brawler Survival skill, Jeep Cap, Surgical Mask, and extra loadout points in Factions Mode.
In an interview with PlayStation Access, Evan Wells and Bruce Straley of Naughty Dog revealed that work on the PS4 version began just after wrapping up development of the PS3 game.
The Last of Us: Remastered will be available exclusively on the PlayStation 4 this summer. What last-generation game do you want to see make the jump to the PS4? Personally, I’d like to see Beyond Two Souls come to the PS4.